News forum

Attn: MACS and GCCL students

Attn: MACS and GCCL students

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone,

I just want to alert you to a couple of things coming up. Please read this note carefully so you are informed.

1)      I will be away from the office from 14th July to 2nd August 2011. During that time, these are the people who could be of help to you:

a.       For enquiries regarding record of studies, transcripts, timetables, or enrolments, please contact registrar@ac.edu.au

b.      For new applications for integrated or research projects or ethics applications, please contact the Chair of the Research Committee, Dr. Shane Clifton: shane.clifton@ac.edu.au

c.       For logistical enquiries such as accommodation for the RES401 intensive in July or other general enquiries, please contact Geoff Facey: geoff.facey@ac.edu.au

d.      For academic advice, please contact me before I leave or you may reach me upon my return. But if there is an urgent query regarding unit selection, please contact Dr. Geoff Treloar: geoff.treloar@ac.edu.au

e.      For enquiries regarding Distance/Online campus offerings, please contact the Distance Campus Director, Josh Dowton: Joshua.dowton@ac.edu.au

f.        For any enquiries regarding specific units in which you are enrolled, please contact the lecturer or tutor assigned to that unit. Extension requests for enrolled units are to be submitted using the online extension request form, as per usual protocol.

2)      Parramatta campus – as you may be aware, we will commence the face-to-face units in second semester 2011 at our new Parramatta campus. The RES401 Critical and Creative Thinking intensive in July will be the last intensive to be hosted at the Chester Hill campus. There is an open day on the Parramatta campus on Saturday, 2nd July 2011. Please check the notice board on the AC website for further information. If you are local, please feel free to come along to see the new premises.

3)      Let me reiterate that most of the information you need (such as enrolment forms, timetables, procedures for enrolling in research/integrated projects, etc.) can be found on the postgrad student page on Moodle, the AC website, or the postgrad student handbook (which is also found on the postgrad student page on Moodle). Please familiarise yourself with these resources.

If you need my assistance with anything, please contact me before the 14th of July (or after the 2nd of August). I wish you the very best in your studies, and a restful break if you’re taking one!

Bless you.

Dr. Lily Arasaratnam (Director, MACS)