News forum

2012 Colloquia Series

2012 Colloquia Series

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone,

I hope this note finds you well. We're in the process of scheduling the presenters for the 2012 Colloquia Series. If you have a paper you'd like to present, or if you would like to present your idea for your integrated or research project and get feedback from faculty and fellow students, this is a good forum for that purpose. For those of you who may not be familiar with the colloquia series, I'm including some information about it. Also, I've put the scheduled dates for the 2012 Colloquia series. If you would like to present, please let me know preferable dates, and I will slot you in. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

This is an important part of the academic cutlure at Alphacrucis. I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity. For the moment, the colloquia are hosted only at the Parramatta campus. But we are looking into podcasting and other possibilities to make this accessible to those of you who are not based in Sydney.

Best wishes, Lily Arasaratnam

AC COLLOQUIA SERIES

What?

The colloquia are intended to provide a forum for students and faculty to present on-going projects and new research ideas in a collegial environment, for the purpose of receiving feedback, constructive criticism, and intellectual stimulation. 

Why?

The colloquia present the opportunity to observe and practice public presentation skills in a (relatively!) safe environment and generate new ideas which may stimulate collaborative projects.

How?

Each colloquium will host 2 speakers, each of whom will have the opportunity to speak, followed by time for  Q&A/interactive discussion session. Similar to a conference format, each colloquium will be moderated by someone who will facilitate the flow of the program and provide time cues for the speakers. 

When?

The colloquia will be held once a month on a Tuesday afternoon from 1 – 2 pm (usually the first Tuesday of the month). Pizza will be provided by the Principal.

Where?

Alphacrucis Parramatta campus

Who?

All are welcome to sign up for a presentation slot. Postgraduate students and faculty members are particularly encouraged to participate. For further information about the colloquia series or to sign up for participation, please contact Dr. Lily Arasaratnam.

2012 Dates:

6th March, 3rd April, 1st May, 5th June, 7th August, 4th September, 6th November

In reply to Lily Arasaratnam-Smith

Re: 2012 Colloquia Series

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -

Hello everyone,

I just realised my posting probably didn't reach all of you because you weren't subscribed to the news forum - but you are now. In addition to viewing the posting regarding the 2012 colloquia series, can you also please take a moment to look at the old postings in the news forum section of the postgrad student page on Moodle? There are announcements that are pertinent to you.

Best,

Lily