News forum

2014 Colloquia Series - Call for Presentations

2014 Colloquia Series - Call for Presentations

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone,

Hope this note finds you well. As some of you are aware (having attended a colloquium session or two), we have an annual colloquia series at AC Parramatta campus. The colloquia are held once a month during the semesters, usually on the first Tuesday of the month. It is a lunch-hour gathering of faculty and postgraduate students in which various people present their current research (each colloquium has 2 speakers) and get feedback from the audience. The 2013 colloquia schedule as well as links to the recorded talks have been available to you on the postgrad student info homepage on Moodle.

We are now in the process of putting together the 2014 talks, and I would like to invite those of you who have access to the Parramatta campus to consider making a presentation of your research. This is a good opportunity to share your ideas in a "safe" forum and get good feedback from lecturers and colleagues. I've provided the 2014 dates below. If you are interested in presenting, or if you have any questions, please let me know. You don't necessarily need to have a topic ready right now, but let me know the date on which you would like to present - and you can confirm the topic at a later time.

Also, I encourage all of you who are locally based to put these dates on your calendar and consider attending them (Time: 12:50 - 2pm). This is a great opportunity to hear about others' current research projects, interact with faculty over lunchtime, and of course enjoy pizza (which is part of the colloquium experience!).

Here are the 2014 dates:

11th March (this date already has 2 speakers)

8th April (1 slot available)

6th May (1 slot available)

3rd June (1 slot available)

12th August (both slots are taken)

2nd September (2 slots available)

14th October (2 slots available)

4th November (2 slots available)

The presentation slots fill up quickly, so if you are interested in presenting, please let me know by Monday, 9th December 2013 to ensure you get your pick of the date. If you happen to miss the deadline, still contact me if you are interested and I can let you know whether there are any slots available.  

Looking forward to seeing some of you present in 2014!

Dr Lily Arasaratnam