News forum

2015 Colloquia Series (Parramatta Campus)

2015 Colloquia Series (Parramatta Campus)

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone,

Hope 2014 is going well for you so far! As some of you are aware, we do an annual Colloquia Series at Parramatta campus. A colloquium is a forum in which a couple of speakers (usually 2) make a short presentation (15 - 20 mins) of their latest research, followed by Q&A. It is a friendly place to share ideas and receive feedback from more experienced researchers about your research topic. By presenting your Masters project or research idea you have for pursuing doctoral studies, you also get the opportunity to practice doing a research presentation in a relaxed and supportive environment. We had a couple of Masters students present their work in the 2014 series. If you are based in Sydney, I would like to encourage you to consider attending and/or presenting in the 2015 Colloquia series. I have provided the dates below, as well as the names of presenters who have already signed up to present. If none of those dates work for you but you would still like to present, (or if you have any questions about this series) please email me directly (lily.arasaratnam@ac.edu.au) and we will see whether we can organise some extra colloquia. Those of you who are not based in Parramatta can also experience this series through AC TV which has a channel for Colloquia.

The 2015 Dates are as follows (please let me know if you would like to present in one of the free spots):

3rd March 2015 (2 spots available)

Name

Topic

14th April 2015 (full)

Name

Topic

Dr Adam White

TBA

Greta Wells

TBA

5th May 2015 (full)

Name