News forum

Principal’s Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching

Principal’s Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching

by Jim Twelves -
Number of replies: 1

As the year draws to a close it is now time for students to make their nominations for the Principal’s Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching. The award will be given to a faculty member(s) (as nominated by you) for outstanding achievements in their learning and teaching practices this year. The presentation will be made during our next Graduation Ceremony, May 2015. Many of you may recall that this year the award went to Rev Dr David Parker.

Rev Dr David Parker

Thus, we invite you – our Student Community - to participate and nominate those AC teachers and faculty members who have impacted you with high quality, creative and inspirational teaching. Nominations may be for an individual or teams of teachers. And as long as you have been a current AC student within the last three years, you can make a nomination.

To nominate, please email me, jim.twelves@ac.edu.au for more information and I will send you the necessary forms. You can of course tell your teacher(s) that you are making a nomination but you don’t have to, it can be anonymous.

Deadlines for nomination – 31th December 2014.

Dr Jim Twelves (Chair – Learning and Teaching Committee)

In reply to Jim Twelves

Re: Principal’s Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching

by Lily Arasaratnam-Smith -

I want to add to Jim's call for nomination and encourage you as postgraduate students to consider nominating a teacher who has made a special impact on your learning experience at Alphacrucis. While many of you may not be on campus often, you are very much part of the AC community and your participation in this process of identifying a recipient for this award is very significant.

Have a good weekend!

Assoc Prof Lily Arasaratnam-Smith